AT&F Structures Welder (2nd Shift) | Massillon
AT&F Structures is looking to expand their skill base with Welding. This established and fast-growing steel fabricator seeks an experienced Welder to take on this challenge. This individual will play a critical role in AT&F achieving its strategic initiatives.
The Welder for AT&F Structures works with Operations and is responsible for safely producing quality parts in a timely manner. This person is tasked with the fit-up, assembly and/or welding of various steel fabrications.
Get to Know AT&F. Watch videos about us at atfcareers.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Weld various parts in different materials
- Conduct dimensional inspections of parts and check for quality requirements.
- Understand and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
- Grinding, sanding, and cutting (oxy-fuel and hand plasma) as required.
- Ability to properly blend welds to meet requirements.
- Adhere to lean manufacturing initiatives, quality requirements, and safety programs.
- Works with Operations and Weld Engineering to execute various types of projects.
- Fit up parts prior to welding
- General welding and shop duties as needed
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
- Experience in welding of Carbon, Stainless, or High Alloy Steels (3-5 years’ experience preferred)
- Experience welding pipe out of position preferred.
- Experience in FCAW and GMAW Spray Transfer.
- Experience welding thick to thin structural members, preferably tubing.
- Needs a good understanding of blueprints and weld joint designs.
- Strong overall mechanical aptitude.
- Understand the basics of NDE
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrates ingenuity and creativity in problem-solving
We offer competitive salaries plus profit sharing and a full range of benefits for our Team Members, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, holidays, a Wellness Program, and opportunity for career growth.
AT&F at its CORE
- Build, Protect, Energize, and Move the World through Metal Fabrication
- Work Hard
- Do What You Say You’ll Do
- Take Care of Each Other
- Quietly Lead
- Be a Net Positive
- Founded in 1940, AT&F is a major producer of components for construction cranes and mining equipment; structural sections for shipbuilding, nuclear power plant related components, specialty stainless steel fabrications as well as armor and armor vehicle systems.
- AT&F currently operates multiple facilities in Northeast Ohio with over 600,000 square feet of manufacturing space and over 200 Team Members. The company also has operations in Denmark and India.
- US operations are comprised of specialized Business Units (BUs) and Divisions: Heavy Fabricating, Steel Processing, AT&F Nuclear, AT&F Advanced Metals, AT&F Structures, AT&F Wisconsin & AT&F Marine.
- The company is in its fourth generation of family management. While the values of the organization are similar to those found in family-run firms, the company is sophisticated and professional without being pretentious.