Accounts Receivable Specialist | Cleveland
This position will be focused on accurate invoicing and timely collections along with other special projects. The ability to effectively track invoices and resolve accounts for our customers is critical. Working with other members of the finance team to ensure that our books are up-to-date and accurate so that we can make effective decisions.
Get to Know AT&F. Watch videos about us at atfcareers.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Timely and accurate invoicing
- Apply payments to appropriate accounts and invoices
- Maintain aging accounts and initiate contact activities for customers past their payment terms
- Communicate with customers about billing discrepancies and questions
- Initiate collections on past-due accounts
- Maintain customer account, credit terms, and other pertinent information
- File customer information for records retention
- Complete end of month closing activities
- Assist with other Accounting department personnel
- Special projects from management
- Maintain organized and clean workspace
- Other duties assigned as the business needs change
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
- Associates degree in Accounting preferred
- 2+ years experience in AR can substitute for educational requirement
- Excellent communication with both internal and external customers
- Great customer service skills
- Overall good computer skills
- Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Organized and great attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
We offer competitive salaries plus profit sharing and a full range of benefits for our Team Members, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, holidays, a Wellness Program, and opportunity for career growth.
- Founded in 1940, AT&F is a major producer of components for construction cranes and mining equipment; structural sections for shipbuilding, nuclear power plant related components, specialty stainless steel fabrications as well as armor and armor vehicle systems.
- AT&F currently operates multiple facilities in Northeast Ohio with over 600,000 square feet of manufacturing space and over 200 Team Members. The company also has operations in Denmark and India.
- US operations are comprised of specialized Business Units (BUs) and Divisions: Heavy Fabricating, Steel Processing, AT&F Nuclear, AT&F Advanced Metals, AT&F Structures, AT&F Wisconsin & AT&F Marine.
- The company is in its fourth generation of family management. While the values of the organization are similar to those found in family-run firms, the company is sophisticated and professional without being pretentious.