Supply Chain Specialist | Cleveland
AT&F is looking to grow our Supply Chain Team. This established and fast-growing steel fabricator seeks an experienced Supply Chain Specialist to take on this challenge.
The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible to provide strategic direction to the subcontract supply chain and to carry out the daily operations to solve problems and make decisions with program managers and planner/schedulers that support production and our customers.
Growth opportunities include moving into a Procurement Manager – Sub Contract role.
Get to Know AT&F. Watch videos about us at atfcareers.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively manages relationships with many different vendors and information technology systems.
- Ensure supplier and delivery commitments are met through continuous follow up regarding order status, vendor performance, and resolve problems regarding quality and supply as required
- Continually evaluates the planning and materials control process, methodologies and system tools to drive process improvements where appropriate.
- Obtains requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders
- Verifies receipt of items and authorizes payment
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
- 4 years, or more, of experience in a Supply Chain role, preferably in a manufacturing environment with hands-on experience directing the process which includes the planning of procurement, production, inventory control, forecasting, logistics and scheduling.
- Experience working with fabrications and machining projects
- Experience with a formal supplier appraisal system
- Monthly travel requirements of a few days per month in the Midwest
- Strong ERP/MRP experience required
- A very high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information to executive management, customers, and vendors
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, in Business or related field.
- Change Agent
- Strong Communicator
- Team Focused
- Detail oriented
We offer competitive salaries plus profit sharing and a full range of benefits for our Team Members, including health, dental , vision, and life insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, holidays, a Wellness Program, and opportunity for career growth
- Founded in 1940, AT&F is a major producer of components for construction cranes and mining equipment; structural sections for shipbuilding, nuclear power plant related components, specialty stainless steel fabrications as well as armor and armor vehicle systems.
- AT&F currently operates multiple facilities in Northeast Ohio with over 600,000 square feet of manufacturing space and over 200 Team Members. The company also has operations in Denmark and India.
- US operations are comprised of specialized Business Units (BUs) and Divisions: Heavy Fabricating, Steel Processing, AT&F Nuclear, AT&F Advanced Metals, AT&F Structures, AT&F Wisconsin & AT&F Marine.
- The company is in its fourth generation of family management. While the values of the organization are similar to those found in family-run firms, the company is sophisticated and professional without being pretentious.