Team Manager | Cleveland
Drive AT&F and Customer Success by keeping the Team Safe, ensuring the fabrication of quality parts on-time, and solving problems. Coordinates both Team Members and Equipment Resources. Drive the growth of the team through focused training and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Team Member safety, welfare, wellness, health and environmental compliance.
- Lead and coordinate production team member activities to meet production schedules, quality standards, within estimated hours.
- Ensure compliance with all safety programs, quality requirements, OPX initiatives, work instructions, and timekeeping practices.
- Assist Team Members in completing jobs by troubleshooting and assuring they have the necessary tools, materials, and information to complete the jobs
- Review the production plan and expectations with Team Members and communicate priorities
- Understand what motivates your individual Team Members, mentor and if needed counsel to improve performance
- Promote AT&F Strategic Plan
- Subject team managers area of responsibility to continuous improvement
- Drive quality improvements and support on-time delivery to meet customer success
- Continuously assess Staffing Needs based on business needs
- Delegate Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform routine Performance Evaluations
- Serve as a technical expert on the manufacturing processes
- Perform administrative duties to support the day to day business including payroll and time off requests and objective administration of company policies
- Other Duties as Assigned
EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS and ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 – 5 years of manufacturing management experience in welding
- OPX implementation experience
- Ability to effectively coordinate with other Team Members and managers
- Excellent Verbal, Written, and Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to make decisions and be accountable
- Communicates honestly / Openly
- Respects confidentiality
- Promotes a positive environment
- Committed to success
- Able to handle Team Members in a respectful yet firm manner
- Dependable and Flexible with Schedule and Time Commitment
- Focuses on being proactive
- Founded in 1940, AT&F is a major producer of components for construction cranes and mining equipment; structural sections for shipbuilding, nuclear power plant related components, specialty stainless steel fabrications as well as armor and armor vehicle systems.
- AT&F currently operates multiple facilities in Northeast Ohio with over 600,000 square feet of manufacturing space and over 200 Team Members. The company also has operations in Denmark and India.
- US operations are comprised of specialized Business Units (BUs) and Divisions: Heavy Fabricating, Steel Processing, AT&F Nuclear, AT&F Advanced Metals, AT&F Structures, AT&F Wisconsin & AT&F Marine.
- The company is in its fourth generation of family management. While the values of the organization are similar to those found in family-run firms, the company is sophisticated and professional without being pretentious.