Welder Fitter (1st and 2nd Shift) | Cleveland
The Welder Fitter for AT&F works jointly with Operations and Weld Engineering. This person is tasked with the fit-up, assembly and welding of various steel fabrications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND CREDENTIALS:
- Weld various parts in different materials
- Conduct dimensional inspections of parts and check for quality requirements.
- Understand and interpret blue prints and technical drawings.
- Grinding, sanding, and cutting (oxy fuel and hand plasma) as required
- Adhere to lean manufacturing initiatives, quality requirements, and safety programs.
- Works with Operations and Weld Engineering to execute various types of projects.
- Fit up parts prior to welding
- General welding and shop duties as needed
- Experience in welding of Carbon, Stainless, or High Alloy Steels (3-5 years experience preferred)
- Needs a good understanding of blue prints and weld joint designs.
- Strong overall mechanical aptitude.
- Understand the basics of NDE
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrates ingenuity and creativity in problem solving.
- Founded in 1940, AT&F is a major producer of components for construction cranes and mining equipment; structural sections for shipbuilding, nuclear power plant related components, specialty stainless steel fabrications as well as armor and armor vehicle systems.
- AT&F currently operates multiple facilities in Northeast Ohio with over 600,000 square feet of manufacturing space and over 200 Team Members. The company also has operations in Denmark and India.
- US operations are comprised of specialized Business Units (BUs) and Divisions: Heavy Fabricating, Steel Processing, AT&F Nuclear, AT&F Advanced Metals, AT&F Structures, AT&F Wisconsin & AT&F Marine.
- The company is in its fourth generation of family management. While the values of the organization are similar to those found in family-run firms, the company is sophisticated and professional without being pretentious.