Operations Manager | Manitowoc
AT&F Wisconsin is a fast-growing steel fabricator seeks an experienced Operations Manager.
Drive AT&F Wisconsin and Customer Success by keeping the Team Safe, ensuring the fabrication of quality parts on-time, and solving problems. Coordinates both Team Members and Equipment Resources. Drive the growth of the team through focused training and development.
Get to Know AT&F. Watch videos about us at atfcareers.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes, directs and monitors the activities of the Team to accomplish short-term and long-term goals and objectives. Specifically, is accountable for the following:
- Meeting target Direct Hours per week based on established targets
- Execution of jobs to estimated hours
- Development and conformance to the production schedule
- Meeting weekly shipping targets
- Direct and coordinate activities of Operation including safety, quality, production, purchasing, and scheduling.
- Manage and develop fabrication team
- Review performance data to measure productivity, goal achievement and to determine areas needing improvement and developing action plans.
- Determine staffing requirements, personnel development and training plans.
- Monitor suppliers and outside contractors to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
- A minimum of three (3) years in production and/or fabrication management.
- Knowledge of Fabrication and Welding processes required.
- While an advanced degree is not required, any relevant schooling combined with experience will be taken into consideration.
- Primary experience working in a nonunion manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in the use and knowledge of continuous improvement activities.
- Experience in the usage of manufacturing ERP systems.
- Integrity, ethics, morals, fairness, respect. Leadership
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities. Decisive.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Approachable.
- Strong communication skills with a straightforward approach. Tactful.
- Ability to handle a great deal of change and pressure, with shifting priorities, deadlines, and/or goals. Results driven.
- Demonstrates ingenuity and creativity in problem-solving. Resourceful.
We offer competitive salaries plus profit sharing and a full range of benefits for our Team Members, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, holidays, a Wellness Program, and opportunity for career growth.
- Founded in 1940, AT&F is a major producer of components for construction cranes and mining equipment; structural sections for shipbuilding, nuclear power plant related components, specialty stainless steel fabrications as well as armor and armor vehicle systems.
- AT&F currently operates multiple facilities in Northeast Ohio with over 600,000 square feet of manufacturing space and over 200 Team Members. The company also has operations in Denmark and India.
- US operations are comprised of specialized Business Units (BUs) and Divisions: Heavy Fabricating, Steel Processing, AT&F Nuclear, AT&F Advanced Metals, AT&F Structures, AT&F Wisconsin & AT&F Marine.
- The company is in its fourth generation of family management. While the values of the organization are similar to those found in family-run firms, the company is sophisticated and professional without being pretentious.